Be sure to RSVP!
Fraud is the #1 crime against Canadian seniors. And it can take many forms such as identity theft, credit or debit card fraud, as well as phone or door-to-door scams, and more. We invite you to join us virtually on Thursday June 23, 2022 at 7 p.m. for a live webinar; Seniors & Fraud Prevention, brought to you through the Chartered Professional Accountants Canada’s financial literacy program. Our featured presenter is Roshan Quraishi, CPA CMA. Roshan has more than 10 years experience in the financial sector, and he is currently Senior Financial Consultant for William Osler Health Systems.
Topics that will be covered in the webinar will help you:
- understand what fraud is and how it works
- learn how to identify the signs of fraud and how to act on suspicions
- learn about the top three scams
- understand why seniors are targeted
- know what to do if you are a victim of fraud
We kindly request that you pre-register, as there are resource materials that will be emailed to you prior to the webinar. Upon registration, you will then be emailed the coordinates that will enable you to attend the live webinar.