[responsivevoice_button voice=”US English Female” buttontext=”Read it to me”]
This Board position reports to the Board Chairperson and is responsible for actively participating in all official board meetings through problem solving and decision making and by offering innovative thinking and value added suggestions that would improve effectiveness of the organisation in achieving its mission.
Mission Statement: Over55 helps older adults enhance their income potential.
A Board member may also be responsible to lead a specific committee or project. We are seeking a committed and resourceful individual to work in a collaborative way that’s enriching the organisation to make better changes and to help move us forward where prosperity and helping our community goes hand in hand. This year has been exciting in revitalizing and expanding the following areas: social enterprise, policy and procedures, Over55 website, fundraising, social media and governance.
1. Attend the monthly meetings of the Board of Directors.
2. Actively participate in the discussion pertaining to Board matters.
3. Stay current on Board activities and be prepared to assist the Board of Directors in problem solving and in making sound decisions that would affect the successful operation of the organisation.
4. Willing to lead a sub-committee or project on behalf of the Board.
5. Assist in fundraising events and initiatives.
6. A willingness to commit at least a minimum of 3 – 6 hours per month to Board activities.
The qualifications and skills required for this position will be determined by the current Board of Directors. The need of the Board and the long term strategic plan will be the basis for selecting individuals with specific skills/qualifications which would benefit the organisation’s success.
Interested individuals can submit a current resume and a short statement outlining why you would be interested in becoming a member to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over 55 London (Inc.)
78 Riverside Drive
London, ON N6H 1B4
Telephone: (519) 438-1111
Visit us at: https://o55.ca