About Over 55 Skills At Work: We empower mature adults with services and programs that help them to achieve their employment, entrepreneurship and personal development goals.
Traditionally, we have achieved this through helping mature adults to launch micro-businesses using their existing capacity, skills and resources combined with custom learning resources and our Skills At Work program.
We have recently launched a program to help mature adults tap into their existing, transferable skills so that they can secure employment in sectors such as the skills trades, hospitality and administration.
Position: Our Employment Services Coordinator is required to respond to all requests for service and information regarding our employment and entrepreneurship services and programs for mature adults. This position will be responsible for assessing program fit, delivering training and working with candidates to develop personal work plans. This position will also be responsible for liaising between clients, staff, partners and stakeholders to achieve program goals and report on successes, challenges and outcomes. Maintaining client, project and organizational privacy and confidentiality is key. Working and coordinating with our community partners will be central to the success of this role.
This is a part-time, contract position.
- Great Listener (i.e. knowing when to talk and when to be quiet!)
- Someone who cares but is able to remain objective
- A deep understanding of the barriers to employment which adults age 55+ face
- Committed to upholding the values and reputation of Over 55 Skills At Work
What this Role Does: We consistently receive enquiries from adults age 55+ seeking employment opportunities. They may enquire via phone, email, the web, social media or an in person visit; it is important that regardless of how they reach out to us that they receive correct and consistent information. The Employment Services Coordinator will work with existing staff and staff of our partners to promote and deliver our new employment programs. The Employment Services Coordinator will determine program fit, and then work with the team to direct our clients to the best resources, which could be internal (our custom training), or external (such as a referral to a community partner). Communication, collaboration and coordination with community partners is a key part of this role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To receive all requests for service from the community, which would include self-referrals.
• Work with the team to assess referrals to determine the appropriate service.
• To conduct the client intake process and collect all relevant participant data in a manner that is respectful, and complete for reporting purposes.
• To deliver program training both in person and remote to project participants.
• To liaise with other agencies, as appropriate, when referrals are received that may require collaboration with their services.
•To administer surveys, collect client information in a timely manner to assist with our project evaluation efforts.
• To participate in or assist in conducting such research as may be required from time to time.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge about the range of services provided by Over 55 Skills At Work and by other community service providers.
• Actively participates in professional development opportunities as required.
• To complete any additional duties required to support our programs, not outlined above.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications:
•Experience working in the employment services, non-profit sector or social services would be considered an asset
•Previous experience using The Common Assessment method an asset
•Proficiency using word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and the web
•The ability to work remote if needed
•Maintain client, partner and project confidentiality at all times
• The minimum qualifications for this position will be post-secondary education or relevant experience in the human services field.
• Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
• A current and satisfactory vulnerable sector police check
If interested email firstname.lastname@example.org